Rhinebeck - Town Government
The Town of Rhinebeck surrounds and includes Rhinebeck Village which is
where the town hall is located. The town government consists of a
town supervisor and town board. Town offices may be held by and are elected
by residents of both the town and village since the village is part
of the town.
Town Board - Elected
The town board meets in public sessions, open to all,
on the second and fourth Mondays of the month, each to begin promptly at 6:45 PM except for
October. October's meetings will be the 3rd and 4th Mondays due to Columbus Day falling on the first
The subject of the first monthly meeting is public decision-making, wherein
the public is invited to ask questions and make comments following board deliberations
on each action item prior to a vote, and to make comments and ask questions on subjects
not covered by the board agenda following the completion of that agenda.
The subject of the second monthly meeting is to examine on a rotating basis
town services, operations and issues collaboratively among the town board, town employees,
and volunteer members of the various public bodies, wherein the public is invited
to make comments and ask questions following the status report by the town employee
or volunteer representative of a public body and preliminary exchange with the town board,
as well as to make comments and ask questions on matters not covered by the agenda for that evening;
Meetings are held in the town hall ( 80 East Market
Street just east of the firehouse). The April 10th and October 16th business meetings
will be held in Rhinecliff at the firehouse.
Town Board Minutes ...
- Steven Block - Supervisor - Phone: 845-876-3409 E-mail:[email protected]..... Term: 2 Years, Expires: 12/31/07
- Dod Crane - Councilman - Phone: 845-876-2229 E-mail:[email protected]...... Term: 4 Years, Expires:12/31/09
- Paul Niedercorn - Councilman - Phone: 845-876-2436...... Term: 4 Years, Expires:12/31/07
- Ellen Silverstein - Councilwoman - Phone: 845-876-3050 E-mail:[email protected]..... Term: 4 Years, Expires:12/31/09
- Linda Souers - Councilwoman - Phone: 845-876-8202/3393 E-mail: [email protected]...... Term: 4 Years, Expires:12/31/07
- Barb Cunningham - Town Clerk - Phone: 845-876-3409 (Appointed)
Important Town Documents
SEQR Comprehensive Plan Positive Declaration
SEQR Comprehensive Plan Draft Scoping Document (DGEIS)
Zoning Law, Subdivision Regulations and Highway Specifications
Draft Local Waterfront Revitialization Plan (LWRP) Adopted by the Town - Now in 60 day review.
Town Court - 845-876-3858
- Judge William Sanchez - Elected
- Jude Polotaye - Court Clerk - Appointed
- Judge John Kane - Elected
- Denise Murphy - Court Clerk - Appointed
Town Planning Board and Zoning Board of Appeals
The Town Board appoints the members of the
Planning Board and the Zoning Board of Appeals.
Town Planning Board - Appointed
Meets - 1st Monday of the month at 7:30PM in town hall except for the
September 10th meeting which will be held on Tuesday, September 11th at 6:30 p.m..
If needed, additional special meetings are scheduled on the 3rd Monday of the month
in Town Hall at 7:30 pm.
Planning Board Minutes ...
Town Zoning Board of Appeals - Appointed
Meets - 1st & 3rd Wednesday of the month at 7:30PM in town hall.
ZBA Minutes ...
Town Committees with Web Sites - Appointed
Comprehensive (Master) Plan Committee
To Town/Village Services Page.
To Town/Village Government Page.
Rhinebeck, NY ... Back to Town/Village Home Page.