Rhinebeck - Town/Village Waste Disposal
The Town of Rhinebeck operates a
transfer station/recycling center
which is located on Stone Church Road in the town. Its services
are avaiable to all Rhinebeck Town and Village residents. See
Town Transfer Station below for days/times of operation and fee schedule.
Within Rhinebeck Village, residential garbage and recycling
pickup is provided by the village government. See
Village Garbage & Recycling below for a
detailed schedule of times and fees.
Town Transfer Station - (845) 758-3405
Times and Days of Operation:
The transfer station/recycling center (TS/RC) is open for residents'
use as follows:
- Monday 8 AM - 3 PM
- Thursday 8 AM - 7 PM
- Saturday 8 AM - Noon
If for any reason it is necessary to close the TS/RC on a Monday,
Thursday, or Saturday, advance notice will be posted at the TS/RC and
adervitised in the Gazette.
Regulations and Policies:
Waste & Recycling ...
Back to Top of Page.
- Non RhinebeckTown residents who have need to dispose of
recyclables or garbage must purchase a registration sticker
Registration stickers, to be placed on vehicle windshields,
must be renewed annually.
- Garbage may be deposited at the TR/RC only in specially marked bags.
These bags can be purchased at the TR/RC. Please do not bag garbage
on premises, it is unsightly and time consuming.
- RECYCLING IS MANDATORY IN DUTCHESS COUNTY. Violators of the
recycling laws can lose their TS/RC privileges.
- A complete user fee schedule is available at the TS/RC and at
Town Hall. User fees are subject to change by the Town Board.
- Residents must keep children and pets in their vehicles while at the
- Commerical establishments are NOT eligible to use the facility.
Village Garbage & Recycling
Waste & Recycling ...
Back to Top of Page.
To be picked up by the village, garbage must be placed in special bags
purchased from the village and placed at curbside. Bags may be purchased
at the Village Hall or ordered by mail.
- At Village Hall 76 East Market Street (The Fire House)
- 30 gallon bags - $6.00 Each.
- 15 gallon bags - $3.00 Each.
- At Village Hall, bags must be purchased in multiples of 2.
Village Garbage and Recycling Pickup
- Weekly - Tuesday: Garbage and recycling bucket.
- Monthly - First Wednesday:
Newspapers, magazines, shiny inserts, paper bags - co-mingled.
- Monthly - Third Wednesday:
Corrugated cardboard flattened with staples and plastic tape removed.
- Unscheduled - As Needed and Time Permitting
Yard and Garden Debris: Leaves, weeds, garden plants, hedge clippings, branches and brush
will be picked up at curbside.
No grass, sod, dirt stone concrete, brick, lumber. etc. will be picked up off the street by
the village highway department.
Limbs and larger branches must be cut into lengths no longer than 5 feet and stacked neatly
so backhoes can load it. Any trees or large limbs that a homeowner has removed on his property
will be treated as a special pickup and the homeowner will be charged a fee between $25 and $100
depending on the equipment needed and the time involved to do the pickup. In the event of a major
hurricane or weather related calamity, this fee would be waived.
GUIDELINES FOR BRUSH PICKUP
- Leaves and brush or limbs must be kept separate. Leaves mixed with
brush or limbs will be treated as brush for purposes of assessing pickup fees.
- All brush or limbs placed at curbside for pickup must be cut in 4-6ft. lengths.
They do NOT have to be tied.
- In case of natural disaster, earthquake, hurricane, tornado, or something similar in nature,
the Village Board will declare an emergency situation and residents would not be charged
for that particular pickup. A thunder shower or climate changes that may cause high winds
for a period of time would not qualify the residents for an exemption from pickup charges.
- It is illegal to place grass, sod, dirt, wood chips, concrete, blacktop, lumber or
construction material at curbside for pickup. Should a violation occur the owner would
be notified to remove the material. If failure to remove the material results in the
village highway department having to pickup said material, the charges would be $75.00 per
- Leaves will be picked up free of charges as long as they are separated from brush, limbs, or
other foreign material.
- Pickup fees are as follows: (based on backhoe bucket) per pickup.
- The first bucket will be free of charge.
- Any additional amount will be charged at $10 per bucket or any part thereof.
Recycling - What to Recycle?
ALL ITEMS MUST BE CLEAN:
- Glass Bottles
Only clear, green and brown bottles and jars. NO caps, mirrors, window glass,
light bulbs or crockery.
- Plastic Bottles
Milk, water, juice, bleach, etc. Look for 1 and 2 on bottom of container.
- Tin Cans
No tops. Please crush.
Back to Town/Village Services Page.
Rhinebeck, NY ... Back to Town/Village Home Page.